How to upload compiled packages?

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Mon Dec 15 08:13:51 UTC 2008

Oliver Falk wrote:

Hello everyone,

> Alexey Chupahin wrote:
>> I've compiled about first ten packages listed as *missing* or
>> *blacklisted*, including clisp and maxima.
>
> It would be great if you could upload the SRPMS to
> ftp://ftp.linux-kernel.at/uploads
>
> If you plan to do more, I can provide you with an account on BUILDSYS;
> As Jay has...
I can't send much time on Alpha hacking anymore (as it used to be), but
I am trying to dedicate some time to it anyway -
I am still interested of keeping support for mono on Alpha. (I sent
patches to Jay to get it working on FC8).
What is really makes me harder to participate (even as not active as it
was) is the current build system. I used to have my own
build system there I could built package in any way I wanted (even break
dependency if I needed) and focus on important core package,
rather than extras. I am not sure how it is possible with koji. Another
thing - visibility of current problems with the distro. I the current
list of missing packages (fc9) there are a lot of ones that never will
be used on Alpha (this is my guess). I would like to see core packages
and Extras separated.

A small howto how to work with current build system would be nice too (I
really don't have time to understand its internals). I would like to
understand how to do routine tasks:
- see what packages are holding builds
- see how to make them "not buildable" temporary
- break dependency and put comment (next time I would restore build
dependency)
- how to upload changes (I guess I need upload SRPMS)
- how to change build priority of packages
- how to mark package that is being carrying on by someone

For example I would love to use more powerful Alphas than I have
currently - I takes hours for example to get the build errors of glibc, gcc.

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov

Head, R&D department