My lucky day/Glint?

Jon_norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Fri Feb 1 17:31:38 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 17:03 +0100, Christian Iseli wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:00:36 -0700, Jon_norstog wrote:
> > There was
> > some other stuff missing too, like for instance the entire /usr/X11R6
> > directory.
> >
> > inquiring minds want to know!
>
> The whole X11 thing has been modularized a (long) while ago.  There are
> some historical notes here, in case you are interested:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Xorg/Modularization
>
> Cheers,
> 					Christian

Thanks, Christian.

My first reaction to the new layout was WTF? My AC3 install still uses
the old system, at least far as I can tell. I never had any occasion to
use the command line to fix the X server in that version, but it does
have the /usr/X11R6 directory and the configuration file (xorg.conf) is
in the usual place.

Incidentally, the documentation on the Xfree86.org web site does not
reflect the new system either.  I wonder if this will cause problems for
CAD and GIS programs?  GRASS i think especially makes a lot of calls on
the X server.

later

jon norstog