Hardware compat with Fc8

Steven Moix steven.moix at axianet.ch
Fri Jul 25 14:26:05 UTC 2008

I can't give you a definitive answer, but we know some things:

- You can't boot from a SATA card because of the SRM, you'll always need
a disk to contain the boot files.
- A card which has kernel drivers should work, have a look
in /lib/modules/yourkernelversion/kernel/drivers/ata for compiled
drivers. You can also look at the /boot/config-yourkernel file under the
"SCSI Transports" section for compiled drivers. m means that they are
compild as modules, the .ko files.

So let us know when you have tried :)