SRM keyboard problem

John Grzesiak johng at pcrd.net
Tue Mar 18 16:17:31 UTC 2008

It's most likely that you have the console variable in the firmware set to
serial. If it is set that way, all the diagnostics and boot information is
being sent out the serial, since this is the "real" console.

I generally set my machines up this way, since, I like having the
serial console
on a terminal server. That and a remote power control and I can start my
machines from anywhere. And, as you mentioned, the graphics/keyboard are still
usable when the kernel is up.

Connect a serial terminal if you want to set it back to graphics...

--

John Grzesiak
---- P.S.T.N. 603.798.4028 ----