XFS root on Fedora 8AXP install ???

John Grzesiak johng at pcrd.net
Sun May 11 22:10:19 UTC 2008

All:

     I am a fan of XFS... I have been using it as a root filesystem for most of
my other Linux platforms for a while now. I tried to add it to the command line
as I used to for Fedora 4,5,6 in x86 platform, but, it's unavailable in the text
mode installer... (only thing available at present on my AS-4100 .. my Matrox
and S3Virge cards won't start X...). Has it been intentionally removed for AXP
or is this an oversight ???

     XFS is what I want.. I have worked with JFS and REISERFS too, but, have too
many problems. I managed to get XFS to work really well with most stuff...  (
And I have the secret that gets the delete speed up to snuff too!)...

     BTW I was able to use XFS as data partitions all day long in AC3... very
stable for what it's worth...

     Also, I don't see the LVM selection in the text menu... I sort of like to
use the logical volume with software RAID... It's the easiest way to have your
SWAP mirrored... What could be up there  ??

-- John --

John Grzesiak
---- P.S.T.N. 603.798.4028 ----