gnome installation problem

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Sun Nov 2 15:18:49 UTC 2008

Hi, Steven,

I think you're referring to the Fedora-8 situation, with a
working KDE and non-working GNOME.

Alexey has been trying the Fedora-9 test ISOs I've been making,
and in this case, it's a working GNOME and non-working KDE... ;-}

Well, non-working is a little harsh; it all seems to be there, but
there's such a huge number of unaligned accesses (and perhaps some
sound system mis-behavior) that it's nearly unusable.

Pity, since Konqueror appears to work, unlike firefox... :-\

--Jay++