How to upload compiled packages?

Alexey Chupahin alex_vms at gawab.com
Wed Nov 26 19:51:14 UTC 2008

EV4, EV5 both a base alpha generations without additional
instruction set.
I'm sure repository packages should be compiled WITHOUT any
additional instruction set. 21164 (EV5) 300,400Mhz with 256 and
512 MB of memory are not rare and quite suitable for work.
And I think it is useful to have a directory contained some
speed-critical packages compiled with BWX, MVI instruction set
(MVI is useful too, used not only for ffmpeg). Anybody wished to
get advantages with it should manually download it from PCA56
directory and simply reinstall it.

>What have you done to fix them?

Simple things ;)  I've upload src.rpm also that can be simply
rebuilded via
rpmbuild --rebuild
Sorry if I make it not nice, I'm not good rpm hacker.

>It would be great if you could upload the SRPMS to
>ftp://ftp.linux-kernel.at/uploads
>If you plan to do more, I can provide you with an account on BUILDSYS; As
>Jay has...

Ok, I will upload into...
Thank you, I'm planning to compile more packages if I can. I'm
sure I will have free time for Linux. Most time I'm porting into
OpenVMS...