Does anyone know anything about the API/Samsung UP1700 and UP2700 motherboards?

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 17:54:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

While reading about Samsung's motherboards, I came across two
references to UP1700 and UP2700 motherboards evidently slated to be
released at the same time as the UP1500.

http://www.digit-life.com/articles/augustdigest/index.html
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/08/27/alpha_strikes_back_against_intel/

Obviously, the UP1500 wasn't released widely in comparison to the
UP1000 or UP2000, but were the UP1700 or UP2700 motherboards released
into the wild?

>From the two articles, they look like sweet motherboards -- Caspian
chipset, single or dual EV68s >= 1GHz, up to 8 GB of DDR RAM, SCSI,
dual ethernet, and possibly AGP.

Does anyone know if they were ever manufactured? Released? Anyone have one?

Thanks,

Matt Turner

PS: I'm looking to buy a UP1500. Contact me off list if you've got one.