RedHat 7.2 on ES40 AlphaServer - Boot Problem - Help Solving

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Sun Dec 13 05:55:00 UTC 2009

William,

that sounds odd to me.  The RH 7.2 distro was pretty good - I used to run it.
 Failure to boot can mean a lot of things.  The easiest to fix is if it just
needs a fsck or maybe the aboot.conf file got messed up.

A lot of time you can take a disk (such as the one with your Matematica
progrAM) that has a program file on it, hook it up to another system, mount
it, and then find the binary.  Invoke the binary, a lot of times it will run
if it can find all its libs, the working directory,  and all the other stuff.

I might dust off my old 7.2 disks and try an install, se what I can remember
about that one.

good luck!

jn