RedHat 7.2 on ES40 AlphaServer - Boot Problem - Help Solving

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Sun Dec 13 21:38:30 UTC 2009

Well, not completely accurate - look at:

     http://buildsys.zero42.at/iso/

The images there are Fedora 10 for Alpha.

If there are people actually going to use it, I'll upload the
~10,200 RPMS to a repository, otherwise, I won't bother. Make
your wishes known on this ML (10 or more will do it)...

Please note that the DVD image will most likely ONLY work on
the following machines with the latest FW:

    DS10, DS15, DS20, DS25, ES40, ES45

And yes, I tried XP1000 with no luck, but didn't try any API machines,
like UP1100 or UP1500 or UP2000, so YMMV.

Radeon and GLINT X drivers in good shape, no luck with some Matrox.

Use "noselinux selinux=0" on the boot command line, unless you want
to wrestle with SELinux.

GNOME may be a bit flaky at times (libbonobo-activation related).

Good luck, let me know of any problems.

--Jay++