Trying to gauge usage of a possible AlphaLinux.org Forum

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 21:50:10 UTC 2009

Hi Steven,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Steven Moix <steven.moix at axianet.ch> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 16:24 -0500, Matt Turner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Among other things, I've been tossing the idea of a Forum for AlphaLinux.org.
>>
>> It would provide a central location for Alpha discussion.
>>
>> Would you use it?
>>
>> Ideas and suggestions requested.
>
> As I already told you on IRC, I wouldn't use it for the simple reason
> that we already have this mailinglist and IRC. Seems like another
> information dispersion to me. Let's face it, people still interested in
> Alpha are geeks who know how to use IRC :) Don't you think?

I'm not so sure.

When the AlphaCore website and forums were still online, it was plain
to see that there were many forum members who we not subscribed to any
of the mailing lists.

With regards to IRC: it's much more difficult to search an IRC chat
log than a mailing list or forum. Also, I can't tell you how many
people I've had tell me that they won't use IRC.

Thanks for your reply,

Matt