yum problem

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Wed Apr 28 03:11:27 UTC 2010

Matt, list:

I've had some correspondence with jay Estabrook over the latst Alpha
core/fedora 10. he has ben quite helpful, and it looks tome as if the fedora
installer is the probelm, not the distro itself.

There just are not enough maintainers. Sergei Tixhonov was a real hero with
the Alpha Core .9, 1.0 and 2.0 presses, but I think he has moved on. He was
working with a PWS.  I'm not sure what the cirrent maintainers are using,
maybe UP2000s.

Anyway , Im pretty sure that it is an issue  issue with the installer.  Once
you get all the stuff wirtten to disk, on reboot most of the services fail to
light up, and you don't even get a log to work with.

I might give gen2 a try, I'm not a loyalist.  But my feeling is this is the
end of the trail for Alpha.

jon norstog

---------- Original Message -----------  f