yum problem

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Wed Apr 28 12:13:06 UTC 2010

Alexey Chupahin wrote:
> It is very nice talking all about,
> but I wish to ask anybody who can fix checksum for the broken
> repo
> And I can try to help compiling and porting with my 21164SX and
> (may be) DS10L
> what should I do first?

Well it depends what are you trying to achieve.
It could be that yum repository is broken on server (and it could be
fixed only by rerunning createrepo script on server) or
you are trying to access it at wrong time (it might be doing rebuild).
Try to use "yum clean all" and redo your command again -
yum will refetch all control files again. Try to contact Oliver.

If you need just to upgrade few files - you could download them directly.
The help is always welcome. Try contact Oliver again. He set up his
build machines with idea to accumulate patches needed for Alpha in one
place. I used to have them on my machines (whole set of updated source
rpms). Some patches went to mainstream, but it was taking some time to
push them. Unfortunately, I didn't manages to setup "mock" based build
system due lack of free time. :( Idea of Oliver was that after you
prepare patch for a broken package you could push patch or modified srpm
to his build machine and it will get to common repository.

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov

Head, R&D department