Minifridge

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Fri Aug 20 21:12:37 UTC 2010

  On 8/20/2010 3:04 PM, heviarti at puresimplicity.net wrote:
>    Well, I do know a little about SRM, and I've fought with this one some. I can't get it to maintain the setting for video output. Console is always serial after a reboot.

This sounds like it is not recognising the keyboard as being there.
The  way many of these Alpha boxen respond when they see no keyboard is
to switch to serial console mode.

>   The only model info is 82-PB76B-01
>
>    I've had this thing sitting under my kitchen table for a year because I can't get into it. I tried about six different possibilities for getting it into single user mode, and then CTRL-C stopped working to get me into SRM.  So now I don't know how I'm going to get access to the OS...  -fl s doesn't seem to do it, neither did -fl single, -fl 1, -fl S, -fl init=1, or -fl init=single.  I have a VT, but my MMJ cable is no more. It was at my mother's house, and she threw it away thinking it was an extra phone cord.
One can modify a regular RJ cable end by filing off the latch/key.

It will then go in the hole.

--
With our best regards,

/Maurice W. Hilarius         Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.                FAX:          01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue email:maurice at harddata.com
<mailto:email:maurice at harddata.com>
Edmonton, AB, Canada      T5X 1Y3/