Fedora core 10 issues

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Sun Mar 14 17:03:51 UTC 2010

To the list:

I recently downloaded the  Alpha Core 10 3-disk set from  .zero42.  Did a text
upgrade install on my XP1000, plus the recommended changes to aboot.conf. It
would not boot, many "failed" messages flashing by too fast to read.

I tried a new install, text, same mods to aboot.conf. Same result.  I mounted
up the rescue system to look in the log files.  Absolutely nothing in
messages.  The only log I could find that was in any kind of shape was the
anaconda log from the install.

I have two hard drives on this machine, each with an attempted AC 10 install.
 Perhaps there is some crosstalk? Something is certainly sending my poor old
XP to the moon.

More later, I guess.  Back to using a PC (sigh)

jn