More on the OO 64-bit source

Jim McCarthy jkmccarthy at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 23 04:33:13 UTC 2010

Listmembers --

Has there been a post I missed reporting actual success, in contrast to
simply "expectations that it should work" ?

My linux c-programming skills with "./configure" and "make" are only shaky
at best, so if someone who has actually been successful would be kind enough
to post a cookbook recipe including what source tarball (or equivalent) they
started with, and what steps were required to build the package
successfully, this would be *greatly* appreciated by me and perhaps by
others on this list also.

Personally I am much more comfortable with rpm-based installations and/or
with using rpmbuild to create installable rpm's from "source rpms".  But
from the e-mails below, I gather the OO sources are not packaged into a
"source rpm" (that would make life too easy :-).

I hope others have had success, and if so, thanks in advance for any simple
instructions to follow in your footsteps.

Regards,

    -- Jim