still someone here ?

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Tue Apr 7 19:46:25 UTC 2015

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015, Michael Cree wrote:

> > Indeed. Unfortunately, since major upstream source (glibc, kernel)
> > gave up on Alpha, even I threw away my machines :-/
>
> Kernel at 3.18 is pretty much up to date on Alpha.  Glibc at 2.19
> is working well on Alpha.

 Both components keep being actively maintained as far as the Alpha port
is concerned, often by the same people, although at the hobbyist rather
than commercial level of course.  That in particular means the usual
quality standards have to be met, however fewer resources are available
and it often takes more time for things to propagate or for regressions to
be addressed.

 Here's a recent commit from glibc:

commit cc47c824769425834518e2b8ea89997455d86ca5