Red Hat 7.2 media for Alpha?

Bryan Smith me at bjsmith.me
Fri Feb 18 17:59:33 UTC 2022

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 9:59 PM Bryan Smith <me at bjsmith.me> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 9:53 PM Marco Benton <marco at xssnet.com> wrote:
>
>> I operated one of the official HP mirror sites.  For some reason I never
>> deleted it, since I still have a boatload of Alphas sitting in the shed. :-)
>> ftp://ftp2.xssnet.com/pub/mirrors/redhat/7.2/iso

Not to reply to my own e-mail and go off-tangent, but ...

Since you have a shed full of Alphas, have you ever considered donating or
'loaning' (to be stewarded by others) your systems to an active, user
accessible, vintage museum/user group like VCF ( https://vcfed.org/ )?

- bjs

P.S.  Maddog said he does indeed have the 4-disc, RHL7.2 for Alpha set,
although it's probably moot given the archive mirror post.  I really need
to pen out an article after talking to those with VCF and a few other
museums on how they approach this. This comes up too regularly in embedded
and other computer lists for me to ignore, especially non-Wintel platforms.

--
Bryan J Smith  -  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith
E-mail:  b.j.smith at ieee.org  or  me at bjsmith.me