BRLTTY-3.6 is now available.
dave at mielke.cc
Mon Oct 11 19:07:08 UTC 2004
Release 3.6 of BRLTTY has been released. As usual, it can be downloaded from
BRLTTY's web site at:
The highlights of this release include:
* The Alva braille driver has been updated.
* The EuroBraille braille driver has been updated.
* The HandyTech braille driver has been updated, including:
+ Support for the Bluetooth interface.
+ Support for the external keyboard.
* The Papenmeier braille driver has been updated, including:
+ Support for Slimline models 40, 66, and 80.
* The TSI braille driver has been updated.
* The VisioBraille braille driver has been updated.
* The Voyager braille driver has been updated.
* The TTY and XWindow braille drivers have been added.
* More than one braille device may be specified (will autodetect).
* More than one braille driver may be specified (will autodetect).
* The ExternalSpeech speech driver has been updated.
* More than one speech driver may be specified (will autodetect).
* The Spanish text translation table has been updated to the O.N.C.E. standard.
* The brf text translation table has been updated.
* The Chinese big5 table has been updated.
* A HOWTO for big5 users has been added.
* The autospeak and speech tracking features now work together properly.
* The preferences files are now in /etc rather than in /etc/brltty.
* The routing keys when in the preferences menu now work like a scroll bar.
* The PCM and MIDI devices may now be specified by the user.
* Support for the Linux ALSA sound interface (PCM and MIDI) has been added.
* Support added for platforms: NetBSD, OSF, QNX.
* Various core fixes.
* Various API fixes (API now at 0.3.0), including:
+ Support for Unix domain sockets.
+ Support for listening on more than one socket at the same time.
* The client side of the API is now licensed under the LGPL.
* Generalization of serial I/O support.
* USB fixes (PAC Mates are now detected correctly).
For more than just the highlights, please see the ChangeLog (either on the web
site or in the source tree). For all the details, please see the source
repository (BRLTTY's download page contains instructions).
Please upgrade to this release of BRLTTY, and, by all means, give us your
Dave Mielke | 2213 Fox Crescent | I believe that the Bible is the
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario | Word of God. Please contact me
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada K2A 1H7 | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com/ | http://mielke.cc/bible/
More information about the Blinux-announce