Looking for Better Ways to Configure Kernels.

Mike Gorse mgorse at mgorse.dhs.org
Mon Apr 5 13:47:34 UTC 2004

Hi Martin,

I sometimes use make menuconfig; it allows one to select options through a
series of menus, so it is easier when you want to change a few specific
options.  Your configuration gets written to .config, so you can copy that
file elsewhere and maintain multiple copies and rotate them in as needed
if you have multiple kernel configurations that you're building on the
same machine.  I'm pretty sure there is an option to have the contents of
.config placed in the kernel so that it can be retrieved from a running
kernel, but I'm not sure how to do this.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --
A better world is possible! http://www.kucinich.us