Installing the 2.6.5 Kernel and Sound Issues

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Apr 9 10:53:23 UTC 2004

	I discovered that my sound card was invisible to the kernel
because I had failed to enable ISA plug and play.  After I did that,
the alsa process started.  One member of this list reminded me I
needed to make the devices to initialize alsa so it was a case of not
reading the documentation plus a misconfigured kernel.  It looks like
/dev/dsp exists once again, but I need to run that script to get a
mixer back.  Sorry for the extra messages.

Martin McCormick