Gentoo + Voyager

David Renström david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Thu Apr 15 23:28:40 UTC 2004

Hi!

I've been installing Gentoo Linux almost all day, and I finally have a
working Linux distribution on my desktop computer! And, the good thing is
that because it's Gentoo, almost everything is optimized for my Pentium-4
processor... :-)

However, I've now been trying for several hours to get my Braille Voyager
to work (been using a HandyTech during installation). But, I suddenly
realized that there are no device files in the usb subdirectory of /dev.
Why has it done this to me? How can I solve this problem? I guess it's not
that complicated, but it's VERY late now and I'm going to bed. So, I'd be
very grateful if anyone told me what to do now.

Kindest Regards,
/David R.

* Phone:        +46(0)910-78 17 51                                 *
* Mobile:       +46(0)70-641 96 20                                 *
* Mail:         david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com *
* ICQ#: 122060651                                              *