Gentoo

David Renström david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Fri Apr 16 14:56:18 UTC 2004

Hi Travis,

I successfully installed the Gentoo 2004.0 distribution yesterday. My
computer doesn't boot from the CD either, so I used the Smart Boot Manager
that you can download from the net. I'm pretty sure there were releases for
both Windows and Linux (as well as DOS...). When I boot using this
diskette, I first hit down arrow six times (the fifth is for my DVD-R
burner) and then Enter 3 times. I had to do alot of experimenting and
rebooting to get the correct pattern... :-) You might be interested in
having sighted assistance when you boot the CD for the first time.

The Smart Boot Manager URL is: http://btmgr.sourceforge.net

Hope I was of any help.

Regards,
/David R.
At 09:47 2004-04-16 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Anyone have experience installing Gentoo on a machine that does not boot
>from CD?
>The preferred way to install Gentoo as I understand it is to boot from a
>live CD.
>However my system does not boot from CD.
>Anyone with experience in this matter?
>Oh, the system currently is running Debian.
>

>**  Travis Roth
>www.TravisRoth.com
>travis at travisroth.com

* Phone:        +46(0)910-78 17 51                                 *
* Mobile:       +46(0)70-641 96 20                                 *
* Mail:         david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com *
* ICQ#: 122060651                                              *