UTF-8 to UTF-32 Conversion

John J. Boyer director at chpi.org
Sat Apr 17 14:13:04 UTC 2004

Hello,

For one of my projects I need to convert UTF-8 to ÃUTF-32. However, I
can't find information on which bits are set in the various bytes of a
multi-byte UTI-8 character. I do remember that the first byte has bit 7
set, the second has bits 7 and 6. But how about  the other bytes?

For those who are interested, this project is the transcription of the
Septuagint and the Greek new Testament into braille.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer; Executive Director, Chief Software Developer
Computers to Help People, Inc.