Install problem, RAID

John Heim jheim at wisc.edu
Thu Aug 26 22:18:21 UTC 2004

Has anyone ever installed Red Hat AS on a machine with a RAID controller.
It's not finding the HDs.  The reason I'm askingt here is that I 've heard
you might have to configure the RAID controller via the BIOS. Which I can't do.

I'm booting from a diskette and doing a serial install. It sees the Red Hat
CD in the CD drive and comes up saying it wants to load these additional
drivers:

Intel EtherExpress/100 driver (e100)              |
DEC 21040, most 21*40 Ethernet (tulip)            |
Adaptec AHA-2740, 28xx, 29xx, 39xx (aic7xxx)      |
Adaptec AACRAID (aacraid)                         |

A couple of screens later it offers me a chance to partition the HDs but
then it errors out saying no devices are found. But it looks like it should
hve been able to access them since it found the SCSI card and the SCSI adapter.