yasr and a DEC express

Mike Gorse mgorse at mgorse.dhs.org
Sun Dec 5 21:25:27 UTC 2004

Hi Kenny,

If you define TTSLOG in tts.c, then yasr will write a copy of what it
sends to the synth to a file called tts.log.  However, I suspect that the
problem is with the following code in tts_silence():

   if (tts.synth == TTS_DECTALK)
   {
     if (read(tts.fd, tmp, 1) == -1)
     {
       perror("tts_silence");
     }
   }

It attempts to wait to receive a ^c after silencing speech but probably
never receives it and waits indefinitely.  I am not really sure how to
handshake with the DEC-talk.  If I simply send a ^c, then it might lose
the next few characters (at least it did when I was testing.)  Any advice,
patches, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --