UnDeleting Files in Linux?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Tue Dec 7 04:34:45 UTC 2004

Well, I wish I had not made this error, but I was useing lynx to browse-and-tag
mp3s for deletion last Friday evening.  Well, when I hit r to remove the tagged
files, it asked me about removing mp3?  Well, I wasn't paying enough
attention--and just hit a y.  Not hearing anything for several seconds, I
realized what I had done, so I hit controll c.  The final upshot was I had
nuked at least 7 sub-directories inside my main mp3 section.  I did google
searches--and found a recover program, however, it will not work on ext3, only
ext2.  Supposedly fsck has an undelete function but you must know the exact
file name.  I tried running easyrecovery in windows with jaws, but was not
easily able to select drives or directories.  The program with ext2 says it
would actually put the files back, as I may not have enough space to store them
on another drive.  Also, in addition to ext3 I have some windows fats.
Obvious questions are, if there are any friendly programs and options I can run
in Fedora 1 to restore these files?
Thanks ever so much
Hart