Finding and Setting Screen Resolution

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sat Dec 11 13:46:59 UTC 2004

Hi.  I find the max resolution for my video card and monitor (usually on
google) and configure my X server with the values that give the max
resolution for the monitor.  For my latest cards and monitors it is
1024X768 and 24 bit color.
To change the config for your X server in Debian, use
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

Hope this helps.
          Kenny