Tip about reading files on braillelite when brltty is on

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Wed Dec 29 00:30:28 UTC 2004

Just thought I'd point this out because it stumped me for a while and
might give somebody else problems. When I have brltty on and then go out
of speech box mode in order to read a file on my braillelite, I've been
finding blank lines, one after each line of braille, when reading the
braillelite file. What I finally figured out is that when brltty starts
the "word wrap" item in the braillelite menu is turned off. If you go into
the braillelite status menu and turn word wrap back on your braillelite
files will look normal and it doesn't appear to cause problems back in
brltty either. But this reoccurs anytime brltty is killed and started
over and of course when you reboot.

--
Cheryl