Fw: [pro_tech] Study: Safest OS isn't Windows--or Linux

technomage technomage-hawke at cox.net
Tue Feb 24 22:10:45 UTC 2004

well,
festival uses GTK, and I had to recompile kmail with gtk support (normally not
done as it is a KDE application). admittedly, this isn't even close to the
best solution, but its better than nothing at all (and pine just won't do
what I want).

I also had to make a lot of other mods to my system here in order to get other
things working (its very involved and unless you are an expert with linux,
almost impossible to do without help).

basically, in a nutshell, I am beta testing festival. so far, it still needs a
potload of work. and I really wish the guys and KDE would get off their high
horse and deal with htis more appropriately.

Technomage Hawke