Looking for a Programming Project which would really benefit blind people

herzog at frontiernet.net herzog at frontiernet.net
Thu Feb 26 00:18:27 UTC 2004

Well, I am sighted, and I work with blind people to try and get them going
on computers.  So far it has been all win 98 and JAWS, as there is lots of
support;, and I can see enough to detect what the problem is when many
trouble screens won't read, or go away.  So the sited stuff is useful. I
have tried, and use redhat8 myself, but I only know of one blind person who
uses Linux, and she has lots of personal help.
So I think the big need is for Fedora, the new Linux hoopla, to be working
with voices, preferably cheap or free.
The Fedora list is nearly 100 messages per day, a snow job, and not yet
ready for prime time players.
There is where to work!
Will