Looking for a Programming Project which would really benefit blind people

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Feb 26 06:35:36 UTC 2004

[quoted lines by herzog at frontiernet.net on 2004/02/26 at 00:28 -0800]

>I still think that there is a real need for the blind person to have
>a simple install, similar to the sighted person's Redhat 9 install disks.

I have RedHat9, Fedora1 and Fedora2 .iso (CD installer iamges) right now which
are braille-enabled. They just haven't been made formally available yet. All
the user needs to do is type one relatively simple command once the installer
presents its boot prompt. If anyone is interested, just let me know.

http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/