Looking for a Programming Project which would really benefit blind people

.dan. ddunfee at city-net.com
Thu Feb 26 13:15:32 UTC 2004

I would like a program that does most of what readit, a dos text reader and
file manager used widely by the blind, does in linux.  I use it every day
in dos.  One of it's best usese is the ability to integrate its many text
and file manipulation functions with other dos programs by which to create
specific applications for specific needs.  Using various linux utilities
one can duplicate some of it's many functions, but not all and not in one
package with it's level of power and flexability and functionality.

                               xv
                                ic|xc

concerning: