french translation table for nfbtr

RAYNER Peter peter.rayner at csiro.au
Mon Jul 19 11:29:39 UTC 2004

I need to learn French grade II braille.
I recently borrowed the "methode de stenographie" produced by the
Association Valentin Hauy.  This undoubtedly contains the information
I need.  The  drawback is that it's written in grade II
braille.  Now I do inverse problems for a living but this one's a bit
hard!

One method I'd proposed to learn gradually was to take something like
the contraction table supplied with nfbtrans for english then learn
all the rules of a particular type.  The advantage is you can practice
by producing a kind of grade I.3 that conforms to this partial
rule-set.  I see rule types pertaining to French in the table but I
haven't seen a French table.  Someone went looking for one a few
months ago but I didn't see an answer  on the list, probably meaning
it doesn't exist.    I'd love to be proved wrong though.

I also tried  contacting the maintainer but the address I had was
wrong.
Does anyone have such a table or equivalent rule-set for another
translator that runs under Linux?
Any other pointers to resources for learning this?
regards
Peter