Fw: Wizzard Software Offers new addition of IBM TTS for Linux

david poehlman poehlman1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 21 11:55:17 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Pattison" <srp at bigpond.net.au>
To: "VIP-L" <vip-l at softspeak.com.au>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 7:43 AM
Subject: Fwd: Wizzard Software Offers new addition of IBM TTS for Linux

*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********
On 20/07/2004 at 12:44 PM H. Field <missheather at comcast.net> wrote:
Thought some may find this interesting.
Regards,
Heather Field

Wizzard Software Continues to Grow Speech Offerings with Addition of
IBM
TTS
for Linux

PITTSBURGH --(Business Wire)-- July 13, 2004 -- Wizzard Software
(OTCBB:WIZD) announced today they have added IBM TTS for
Linux to their growing portfolio of licensable speech technologies.
This
new
addition to the Wizzard family of offerings
allows computerized text to be spoken "out-loud" while running in the
Linux
operating system environment. Users can utilize
the TTS for a wide variety of tasks including having letters, instant
messages and e-mails read out-loud and to help verbally
guide visitors through web sites. In addition to assisting
visually-impaired
and mobility-impaired users on Linux it can make
standard desktop programs more user-friendly for longer working baby
boomers
dealing with vision, hearing and mobility
issues.

"We are please to be able to bring to market a Linux version of IBM's
text-to-speech engine that had previously only been
available for the Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh platforms,"
said
Rich Schwerdtfeger, chairman of IBM's Accessibility
Architecture Review Board. "We are happy to be able to strengthen our
partnership with Wizzard and look forward to continue
working with them making technology accessible for all communities."

Linux has been in place on network servers of federal agencies for
sometime
and it is now increasingly being incorporated
into desktop PC's, according to a study performed on Linux by USA
Today.
Some of the reasons cited for the increase in Linux
desktop popularity included:

1. Can be deployed using existing hardware

2. Less frequently targeted by hackers and others looking to exploit
security gaps

3. Its design makes it less vulnerable to security risks than other
operating systems

Furthermore, market research group International Data Corporation (IDC)
recently released figures of a 43 percent
year-over-year growth of the Linux thin client users in the fourth
quarter
of 2003. The IDC also reports that Linux now holds
about 23 percent of the worldwide market for the operating systems used
run large server computers. IDC is projecting that
the server market will grow by a compound annual growth rate of 3.8
percent
between 2004 and 2008, to $60.8 billion, with
Linux-based servers to comprise about 29 percent of shipments in 2008
and
about $9.7 billion, or 16 percent, in sales.

languages to Linux Developers and Enterprise customers
that meet OEM terms and minimum order requirements," says Bruce Phifer,
Wizzard's General Manager of Technologies and
Services Division. "This offering responds to requests for a low priced
Linux based TTS product and targets the growing
Accessibility segment and other markets where highly intelligible voice
output is required from a low cost, small footprint
engine."

About Wizzard Software

Founded in 1996, Wizzard Software has become a leader in the speech
technology application development market. Wizzard
architects solutions to business problems using its expertise in
consulting,
speech development tools and building speech
based applications for the Desktop and Internet. Wizzard has achieved
global
recognition because of its expertise with voice
communication whether it is via PC or telephone. Wizzard's successes
have
lead to expanding opportunities in both the
government and commercial sectors. In April of 2004, Wizzard acquired
MedivoxRx Technologies. Founded in 2000, MedivoxRx is
the originator of "Rex", the talking prescription pill bottle, which
"talks"
to the patient allowing them to distinguish what
type of medication is in the bottle and hear critical information on
dosage
amounts and refill parameters. Additional
information on MedivoxRx can be found at www.rxtalks.com. More
information
on Wizzard Software can be found in the Investor's
Corner www.wizzardsoftware.com.

Legal Notice

Legal Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: "Forward-looking
Statements" as defined in the Private Securities
litigation Reform Act of 1995 may be included in this news release.
These
statements relate to future events or our future
financial performance. These statements are only predictions and may
differ
materially from actual future results or events.
We disclaim any intention or obligation to revise any forward-looking
statements whether as a result of new information,
future developments or otherwise. There are important risk factors that
could cause actual results to differ from those
contained in forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to
risks
associated with changes in general economic and
business conditions, actions of our competitors, the extent to which we
are
able to develop new services and markets for our
services, the time and expense involved in such development activities,
the
level of demand and market acceptance of our
services, changes in our business strategies and acts of terror against
the
United States.

Copyright Technology Marketing Corp. 1997-2004

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Jul/1055923.htm
*********** END FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********

Regards Steve,
mailto:srp at bigpond.net.au