Requested: Tips for Getting Started With Linux

Roy Nickelson roylee at visuallink.com
Wed Jun 9 14:18:23 UTC 2004

hi,
check out
www.linux-speakup.org
goto download software, and then to the ftp sight, i am not sure whre it
is, but there is a version of knopix that has beeen modified with
speakup.
Roy
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, John Heim wrote:

 Well put. You said the same thing I said but in fewer words.

 I just read an article in which the author said he gave his music students
 "live" linux CDs so they could try linux without reconfiguring their
 system. He didn't say what a live CD is but I guess it's a bootable CD with
 a complete linux system on it -- like Oralux. So that might be a good place
 to start.

 Even though I'm an experienced linux user, something that I would find
 helpful is a live yasr CD or a live  speakup CD. I've been using emacspeak
 for years and haven't bothered to even try anything else. I fear I may be
 missing out.

 Anybody know if such things exist? Are they even technically possible?

 At 08:13 AM 6/9/2004, Stoppard wrote:
 >Sorry I can't really answer all of those questions as I am new my self.  But
 >I would say patience staying power are the main 2 things, closely followed
 >by finding where to look for information and where to ask questions.
 >
 >I am currently using Oralux which runs from cd so no install is necessary.
 >www.oralux.org
 >
 >hope this helps,
 >Nigel,
 >
 >To read about injustice, please visit.
 >http://www.stormbringer.tv/info/story1.html

 John G. Heim
 University of Wisconsin - Division of Information Technology (DoIT)
 1210 West Dayton St, #4297, Phone: 2-9887

 To boldly code what no one has coded before.