still partial problem with yatm-0.2.3

Mario Lang mlang at teleweb.at
Sun Jun 13 18:58:19 UTC 2004

Cheryl Homiak <chomiak at charter.net> writes:

> Yes, I can dig out a file and send it sometime today.
That would be great, I tried again with some other 44khz content, and
it just works here, however, it consumes much more CPU as when it runs with
say 22khz data, or mono files.

> this machine is 500mhz and has 256mb of ram; I can try it on my laptop
> which is 1.2ghz but as I said before, the files have no problem with
> ogg123 or sox "play" or zinf.

Well yes, but remember that ogg123 or zinf do not do the computationally
intensive transformations required to speed up the playback without altering
the pitch.  You might want to check with some process status tool
like "top" while yatm is running how much CPU resources
are being utilized.  If this number is near 100%, it is likely
that the CPU you are using is just not fast enough for the SoundTouch
library's algorithm.

--
CYa,