mad.pc

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Fri Jun 18 13:32:38 UTC 2004

yatm is looking for "mad soundtouch" in the form of a file called mad.pc.
The error message suggests I might adjust the pkgconfig variable to include
the path to mad.pc. But there is no mad.pc anywhere on my system, even
though I've installed both libmad and SoundTouch (separately, and as far as
I can tell unrelated to each other - but that isn't very far).

When I first did a Google search for mad I came across a Debian thing that
said something like: "This is a virtual library", whatever that means. But I
couldn't figure out what to do with it. So, the bottom line is that there's
some kind of Debian dependency in yatm even though I installed from the
tarball. Perhaps if I installed the Red Hat version of apt-get; think I'll
try that next.

Lee