Lots of Trouble Extracting .rar Files?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Jun 19 16:28:07 UTC 2004

I must have posted this earlier to the subscription address instead?  For some
years I have been collecting rar encoded binaries from usenet.  I either grab
messages in pine and run uudeview to decode, or grab files directly from an
easynews web site.  Most of these rars find nothing to extract.  I can still
extract older rars with .mod music files from years ago.
I am running unrar and rar in linux, with a Dec-PC, Speakup Fedora 1.
Also, many are posting par2 files incase we miss any of the rars.  We grabbed a
linux program to handle these, however, I cannot find any command-line options
to put everything together.
Are their any smarter rar extracting programs which any of you can please
suggest which also handle wild cards?  Thanks so much in advance
Hart