Listening to Sirius in Linux?

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Sat Jun 26 15:31:12 UTC 2004

The short answer is--no.

I just subscribed to Sirius myself and love it! But you can't listen
under Linux. Freedombox doesn't even do it, apparently, but not sure
if it should, which is why I didn't bring it up with them.

I've used the large full-screen player, which has each channel on a
link. That isn't the issue. You can't listen with links or lynx. You
need, not only a browser that will do javascript (which you need for a
*lot* of their site, as  lot of their submit buttons are
javascripted links), but you'll also need something that will play
what appears to be an embedded flash player stream. It isn't
RealAudio, nor is it Windows Media. I can tell you that Melanie's
system, which runs Mozill and has the non-free Flash installed, plays
the streams OK, if a little broken up. So...unfortunately, you're outa
luck. Anyway, you only get the music streams online--you can't listen
to the talk streams, which is a shame.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV