yum question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Jun 26 19:59:00 UTC 2004

does anyone know what the commands would be to upgrade a system with fc1
completely to fc2?  I'm not certain of the system integrity of fc2 that I
have running because disc3 and disc4 couldn't be burned properly.  I got
information that those two were put up on the websites improperly by the
Fedora Project itself and nobody has been able to successfully install
from disc3 and disc4 as a result using normal installation process.  It's
possible to run rpm -U /mnt/cdr/Fedora/RPMS/* <cr> but that's after the
installation.  Some more bad news for bookshare.org users.  bks-unpack
doesn't work in FC2 returning segmentation fault when you try to unpack a
book.  Same behavior with slackware 9.1 too.  The only time I ever had any
success with bks-unpack was in RedHat 8.00 Psyche.  Have any debian users
tried running bks-unpack on their systems and gotten segmentation fault
error on Debian?  If so, please write support at bookshare.org and let them
know, these failures are considered errors by bookshare.org they do want
to correct.