lynx, frames and javascripts

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at loc.gov
Mon Mar 1 16:09:11 UTC 2004

Lynx will show you the "noframes" message.  This is often put in web pages
by default, and it is not necessarily true.  Practice on the frames in
those pages, or go to other sites which use frames, and learn how Lynx
displays them.  It's sometimes not as convenient as in IE, but each frame
comes up in its own separate Lynx page, and sometimes that's exactly what
you need.  If those messages are bugging you and the site works otherwise,
you could change Lynx's user-agent string so that the server thinks you are
running Mozilla or something.