Knoppix with braille support (fwd)

Nath nath.ml at free.fr
Tue Mar 16 20:01:39 UTC 2004

Yes, it is possible.
at the Knoppix boot prompt you must enter the following line :
knoppix blind brltty=device,port,table
Of course replace device with the code représenting your braille display
(generally two letters), port with the port where the braille display is
connected, and table with the name of the file containing the braille
table you want to use.
for example to use an handitec braille display on serial port com1 with
a french braille table the line must be as follow :
knoppix blind brltty=ht,/dev/ttyS0,text.fr-cbifs.tbl

Hope this help,

"John J. Boyer" <director at chpi.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> This message is forwarded `from the blindprogramming list. Could one of
> you answer these questions and also give the procedure for subscribing to
> the blinux list. It would be great to get the author on the right list!
>
> Thanks,
> John
>

> --
> John J. Boyer; Executive Director, Chief Software Developer
> Computers to Help People, Inc.
> http://www.chpi.org
> 825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703

Nath