Any OCR programs for Linux that output ASCII Text?

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Mar 26 16:46:21 UTC 2004

	I am looking for applications that take an image file such as
from a document scanner or decoded PDF and output ASCII text.

	My only other hope is that it works via command line.

	I know one of these days, my eleven-year-old OsCar system and
HP scanner will bite the dust.

	The hardware to scan is tremendously cheaper and better these
days, but I still need the OCR conversion engine to have similar
functionality.

Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group