Any OCR programs for Linux that output ASCII Text?

John J. Boyer director at chpi.org
Fri Mar 26 21:11:32 UTC 2004

This looks like it might be a good programming project for me - writing a
filter that accepts an image file and produces text. It would be Open
Source and free. I could probably use a lot of the code from the JOCR
project, but get rid of the graphics interface. I've been looking for a
useful and exciting project for a while.

Comments?

John