patch to solve the accessibility problem in links bookmark manager

Nath nath.ml at free.fr
Sat Mar 27 21:44:49 UTC 2004

Hi all,

A few weeks ago, we discuss here about an accessibility problem
regarding the links bookmark manager : we were not able to select the
desired bookmark link using the up and down arrow keys since the
selected bookmark link was just highlighted but not identified by the
cursor position.

I decided a few days ago to contact Mikulas Patocka, the links developper, and asked him
if he thought it was possible to adapt something in order to allow blind
people to navigate through the bookmark links and have the cursor
following when we press the up and down arrow keys. Only one day after I
asked, Mikulas sent me a patch he wrote to solve the problem. Thanks very very
much to him !

You can find this patch at the following location :

http://nathx.free.fr/links/patch_bookmark_manager.diff

This patch must be applied to links 2 and if you apply it you will be
able to select the desired bookmark link using the up and down arrow
keys and to navigate between the differents buttons placed below the
bookmarks list using the left and right arrow keys.

I think you will find this patch very usefull and thx again to Mikulas.

--
Nath