IRC client and sounds.

Michael Scherer scherer.michael at free.fr
Mon Mar 29 16:11:24 UTC 2004

On Monday 29 March 2004 17:35, Jois wrote:
> Hi,
> someone managed to make Irssi play a sound when getting private
> messages (queries)?
> I know bitchx does it, but I do not know how to use it; can someone
> help? thanks

I did something similar for a friend.
However, the script is not really complex, and doesn't do much.

Drop it in ~/.irssi/scripts/autorun/

You need to use /set beep_cmd to set the command that beep or produce a
sound.
I use beep by default, but my friend used aplay. But be aware there may
be some concurents access problem if two sound need to be played at the
same time, but i cannot do much for this in the script.

I hope it will be useful.

The url in the script is wrong, by the way.

--

Mickaël Scherer