New to linux and need guidance with redhat 9 installation

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Mar 29 23:50:11 UTC 2004

You should not install Red Hat 9, because it has been superceded by Fedora Core 1.0. Yes, this has confused several people, with the name change and all. But, don't take my word for it. Check out the announcement on the Red Hat web site at:

http://fedora.redhat.com

Secondly, if you're going to install Fedora, you might want to use the Speakup Modified Fedora Core available at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/

You would want this if you want your Linux to talk through a speech synthesizer. There's a HOWTO that will guide you through the process which I maintain available at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html