alsa question

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Wed May 5 16:49:10 UTC 2004

do i have to re-install alsa every time i recompile my kernel?
I'm using the 2.6.5 kernel and every time I recompile my kernel, I lose
alsa, definitely if i run make modules-install; I'm not sure about
otherwise. Also, if i run "make clean' in the alsa-driver source
directory, I apparently make my kernel clean too, as I loose my bzimage
and System.map. also, I can't find a modversions configuration in 2.6.5 as
in the 2.4 kernels.
Thanks.

--
Cheryl