OT: MySQL problem

David Renström david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Tue May 18 21:08:37 UTC 2004

Hi everyone!

I've set up a MySQL server on my PII running Gentoo Linux. However, my
problem is that I'm not able to access the server remotely, i.e. I'm able
to log in on the same machine but not from outside. Actually, I can't even
log in on the same machine using the IP address of it.

Are there any MySQL gurus out there who can give me a hint, cause I'm kinda
stuck here. I've trying to resolve this for a couple of weeks now. And I'd
like to add that the privileges are set correctly (host = %).

Regards,
/David R.

* Phone:        +46(0)910-78 17 51                                 *
* Mobile:       +46(0)70-641 96 20                                 *
* Mail:         david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com *
* ICQ#: 122060651                                              *